The announcements by the Dean and the Dean's Office concerning the SARS-CoV-2 spreading prevention
14 March 2020
Dear Sir or Madam,
please note the § 8 of the Decree no. 34 by the Rector of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń dated 13 March 2020 on the prevention of spreading SARS-CoV-2 virus among the members of Nicolaus Copernicus University’s community given below:
- All employees, doctoral students, and students of the University are obliged to immediately inform the head of their relevant organizational units and their direct superior about:
1) coming from abroad regions with confirmed the SARS-CoV-2 virus occurrence (this applies to ALL COUNTRIES now);
2) deterioration of health manifested by symptoms characteristic of COVID-19;
3) suspecting to be infected with the COVID-19 virus as a result of contact with an infected person.
- The head of an organizational unit is obliged to transmit the above information to the relevant Sanitation Inspector and the Rector.
- The persons mentioned in paragraph 1 are obliged to remain at home for a period of two weeks without the necessity of obtaining a doctor’s leave.
- In the case of University employees, the direct superior may decide that the work is performed remotely.
In connection with the above, I am kindly asking you to immediately provide your supervisor with the indicated information (via email). In particular:
- Employees and doctoral students should inform their direct supervisors, as well as the director of the Institute they belong to, and the Deans of the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy, and Informatics: prof. dr hab. Włodzimierz Jaskólski and dr hab. Winicjusz Drozdowski, professor NCU,
- Undergraduate students should inform dr hab. Anna Bartkiewicz, professor NCU, Vice-Dean for Student Affairs and the Deans of the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy, and Informatics: prof. dr hab. Włodzimierz Jaskólski and dr hab. Winicjusz Drozdowski, professor NCU.
Additionally please provide also information about your home address (this is necessary to fulfill point 2 of paragraph 8 of the Decree no. 34 by the Rector of NCU).
The Head of the Dean's Office
10 March 2020
in agreement with the Rector of our University, due to the SARS-CoV-2 virus epidemic, and to avoid its spreading in our Faculty, I order;
- to suspend all official travels abroad of the Faculty staff, students and Ph.D. students;
- to apply two-week home quarantine to all who are coming back from abroad (both official and tourist travels);
- to suspend all arrivals of foreign collaborators and students, and in case it is to already too late
- to apply two-week quarantine at the hotel to all the visitors and to contact them by electronic means only;
with immediate effect, until further notice.
Quarantined teachers should inform their students about how the classes will be completed (at another time, as a student's homework, e-learning, etc.).
The quarantined students should be informed of how they could complete missed classes (as homework, individual consultations, etc.) or should be allowed to participate in the classes via e-learning.