Decree no 34 by the Rector of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
from 13 March 2020
on the prevention of spreading COVID-19 virus among the members of Nicolaus Copernicus University’s community
Based on § 52 paragraph 3 of the Statute of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (NCU’s Legal Bulletin from 2019, item 120)
It is ordered as follows:
During the period from 12 March to 25 March 2020 the following rules of preventing and containing the spread of COVID-19 virus among the members of the community of Nicolaus Copernicus University, hereinafter referred to as “The University” are introduced.
- All didactic classes within the period mentioned in § 1 are cancelled.
- The cancellation includes 1st degree studies, 2nd degree studies, long-cycle Master’s degree programs, doctoral studies, as well as doctoral colleges and classes performed as courses and trainings organized by the University, post-graduate studies or other forms of education
- Academic teachers and employees who are not academic teachers perform their work duties as usual, with the exception of cases mentioned in paragraph 1 and paragraph 4
- Academic teachers are excused from performing their work duties which require personal contacts with students or doctoral students.
- Students and doctoral students are forbidden from staying in the premises of faculties, except for the necessity to attend to emergency matters or when it is required for the continuity of the conducted research. The decisions allowing students or doctoral students to stay in the premises of faculties are taken by respective deans.
- Within the period mentioned in § 1 no meetings of discipline councils and other collegial bodies are held on matters related to awarding scientific titles
- Within the period mentioned in § 1 all conferences, concerts, exhibitions, sporting events and other events organized by the University
- Juwenalia organized in Toruń and Bydgoszcz are hereby cancelled.
- During the period when the classes are cancelled, it is advised to remain at home and refrain from organizing or participating in events which may increase the risk of infection
- During the period mentioned in § 1, doctoral students and students living in Dormitories are advised to return home
- During the period mentioned in § 1, a ban on visits in Dormitories is introduced
- During the period mentioned in § 1, all facilities of the University Sports Center, Academic Centre of Culture and Art “Od Nowa” and the University Library, with the exception of paragraph 2, are closed to their guests.
- The University Library will remain open till 13 March 2020. The lending limit is increased, according to the list displayed at the Library’s website.
- During the period mentioned in § 1, all work-related trips (domestic and foreign) by employees, students and doctoral students are suspended
- During the period mentioned in § 1, all visits by Polish and foreign guests of the University are suspended
- All employees, doctoral students and students of the University are obliged to immediately inform the head of their relevant organizational units and their direct superior about:
1) coming from abroad regions with confirmed COVID-19 virus occurrence
2) deterioration of health manifested by symptoms characteristic of COVID-19 virus;
3) suspecting to be infected with COVID-19 virus as a result of contact with and infected person.
- The head of an organizational unit is obliged to transmit the above information to relevant Sanitation Inspector and the Rector.
- The persons mentioned in paragraph 1 are obliged to remain at home for the period of two weeks without the necessity of obtaining a doctor’s leave.
- In the case of University employees, the direct superior may decide that the work is performed remotely.
- An e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org is created for the purpose of reporting all information and asking questions regarding the functioning of the University in the conditions of epidemiological hazard.
- Disclosure of any information on the University’s functioning in relation the matters included in this decree to outside parties is performed exclusively by NCU’s Press Team
In all cases not regulated by the decree during the period mentioned in § 1, decisions concerning the University’s functioning are made by the Rector
- Decree No. 32 by the Rector of Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń from 11 March 2020 on the prevention of spreading COVID-19 virus among the members of Nicolaus Copernicus University’s community loses effect (NCU’s Legal Bulletin from 2020, item 81).
- The decree comes into force on 13 March 2020
professor Andrzej Tretyn, PhD
Decree no 34